Sunday, January 30, 2011

It's been a month

I just noticed that I have been absent from blogging for a month.  Well... it hasn't been a good start for 2011 for our family.  First my husband has been very ill with a blood and muscle illness which we are still waiting for a final diagnosis.  Two days later, I was called to California due to my younger brother's health failing with his fight with cancer.  He made it 3 days until he lost his fight.  I have to say, it was the worse thing I have ever witnessed and pretty much torture to watch.  As much expected, my mom didn't take this too well and was in ICU for a week with heart and infection issues.    I did slip away for a couple of days for the Atlanta gift show(a nice brain break) and then went back to California for the funeral.  Thank you everyone who came out to celebrate his life.  It was amazing to see all his child hood friends that I hadn't seen for 35 or so years.  Thanks to my good friends for all their support.   I think I am coming out of Twilight Zone and will be back to normal things very shortly. 

Cindy

2 comments:

Sheila said...

My heart goes out to you in this time of healing...i will keep you in my thoughts and paryers.

blessings,
Sheila

Deb Kennedy said...

Cindy, I am so sorry to hear about your loss, your mom & husband's illnesses, and your difficult month. {I know a little bit about having those. :0/ }
I hope things improve soon for you - and remember to take care of yourself while you are taking care of everyone else.

Deb @ Retreat