Friday, March 19, 2010

A Much Needed Day Off

Yesterday, my friend Cindy and I took a drive up North and our first stop
"Christensen's Nursery". Always a treat to visit their gift shop run by our friend Linda.
As we walked in, we ran into Deb and Bob from Retreat having a day off as well. Christensen's carries our line of Rendezvous Candles along with lots of other finds. Here is just a sampling of their gift shop.





It was such a nice sunny day, not warm but sunny. It really puts you in the mood to garden.
Unbelievable choices for the yard.






As we pulled out I had to take a picture of the daffodil fields. Now we are on our way to the Linden gift and antique show. Cindy and I use to do this show long ago, back in the beginning stages of our businesses. We met Trish from Grandiflora probably about 10 years ago. She along with her sister and mom have a beautiful shop in downtown Linden. Here she is at the show with her vintage goodies.



After the show we of course had to stop for dinner at this quaint little Italian restaurant for old times sake. When we were in the show I think we ate there every night. Still as good as ever.
Sometimes it is hard to make the time to have a day off, but so glad I did. I feel much better today!









4 comments:

Shelly said...

Glad you had a nice day off! You deserve it! You are amazing, all that you've done lately! >Take a Bow!<

I'm having a little giveaway over at Bungalow bling..."Hop" on over if you'd like!

Have a great weekend, looks like the weather is going to be awesome!

Hugs,
Shell

junkdreams said...

Looks like a truly inspiring day!
xojanis

Debi Ward Kennedy said...

It was fun running into you & Cindy! I posted about this on my blog, too... sometimes, we all just need to 'fill the Inspiration tank'!

Deb @ Retreat

sinnlighet said...

Your blog ..... it's amazing and soooo inspiring. Nice to find you!

A small footprint from Agneta & Sweden

Ps. I have an ongoing jewelry contest on my blog. Welcome! Ds