Friday, October 30, 2009

Betty's Garden in the Fall

Betty Dorotik is one of our artists at Haley's Cottage. Betty works in watercolor, botanical illustration, colored pencil, and calligraphy. She finds inspiration from her garden where birds, butterflies and bees gather. Her wooded property provides the habitat that these little guys insist upon, thick brush, woodland canopy and absolutely no visitors. Her gardens are amazing. It's fun to see how the leaves have changed and her garden changes for the fall. I can't wait to see her summer pictures.


It doesn't get much better than this!


This window box is amazing!




I love kale. It reminds me of when we moved here 19 years ago and I couldn't figure out why everyone had cabbage in their yards (and bark). I am now a big kale fan.

Maybe if I had a garden shed like this my yard would look better, do you think!

Oh Hydrangeas!





Thank you Betty for sharing your amazing pictures of your garden
here on Camano Island.
Betty's house is normally on the garden tour, we will let you all know about it so you can
visit in person.

4 comments:

ROSE VINE COTTAGE said...

How beautiful!! So if I get a garden shed like hers my garden will grow??! I love the vine growing on her garage, that is so pretty.
Hugs~Kelly

Debi Ward Kennedy said...

Oh I think I need to meet Miss Betty.... and from the looks of those photos, she lives very close to me on Camano Island! We have almost the same view of Saratoga Passage!

Deb @ Retreat

Shopgirl said...

What a beautiful place!

AuroraSuzette said...

I am moving in with Betty straight-away! Please prepare her for my arrival. What a beautiful property, and view she has. Stunning!