Thursday, August 20, 2009

I've Been A Busy Bee

For the past 5 years, I have tried to get my husband to level off this planter as it slopes into our basement. To let you know, I finally got him to do it, it probably took a total of 30 minutes on his part to put the blocks in and then I did the rest. The best part is that I have had this fountain bottom sitting here and I just have put the hose in it. Well, I decided to plant it, and here it is. I am so excited over something that has been a eyesore for the past five years. Sometimes I think we get so use to looking at something we don't even realize how ugly it is.
But now, look how cute it turned out, filled with these amazing plants.
I found a new home for the hose.This planter is by my back door and surrounded by boxwoods. I am a boxwood freak!

Since I had a yard of dirt, I decided to level off another area that was driving me crazy. This faces my kitchen window, so now I have something nice to look out at while I am doing dishes.
It's amazing what a yard of soil can do, a few plants, and alot of work. What a great
stress reliever!
While I was at it, I removed some flowers along the edge of this walkway to my front door, and guess what I planted, more boxwoods. They always look so little when you first plant them. I can't wait until they get bigger and actually form a hedge. The hedge in front of the walkway are boxwoods that have been there for many years. So this little project cost me only $30.00.

Well, we are on our way to the shop now.
Have a good day!





7 comments:

Beth said...

Wow your garden looks great.
And those pups are too cute for words ;)
Beth xx

Susan said...

So great! I think I need to get one of those car seats...Newton won't stay still in the car.

Lissa said...

i love your walkway! a little jealous! and i'm a big believer in planting boxwood everywhere! I don't think you can ever have enough!

Grace Like Kelly said...

puppies!!!!!!!!!

Shelly said...

Hi,

I KNOW that pathway well my dear, the improvements are great!! You did a lovely job,,,,

Please avoid glancing at my house for a week or two, because, it looks pretty "ghetto" right now. Andrew and Frank (my son and his friend/helper leave stuff EVERYWHERE!!!!!! Acck!!!

But hopefully, the painting will be done soon and I will get my exterior back!!!

And I've put off my gardener friend for several weeks, because tidying up the plants and flowers are not really an objective until the flippin house is painted!!!!!!

Geesh, do you love these historical home upkeep projects, or what???

Hugs,
Shell

mishebe said...

I love boxwoods too. I have a few in my front yard. maybe a little to much. lol. Love the doggie seat. Off shopping they go...

Lisa Shatzer said...

I love your beautiful walkway.