Friday, August 28, 2009

Chanderella's House and Garden

Last night, we had the pleasure of visiting Jeff and Mindi's beautiful house and garden.
You will see why they call Mindi Chanderella. Chandeliers in every room and even in the trees in her unbelievable garden. They just recently changed the back garden to allow more sitting space among the flowers. It's too beautiful for words. I think they should charge for tours as I don't think there is a prettier garden around. Jeff has created all of these arbors and special spots in the yard. Each flower is perfect. Gazebo's, fountains, statues, benches, chandeliers, it's all in the gardens. Then the house..... I hope you enjoy the tour.
This is in the front of the house. Mega flowers, bird bath, a fountain that is actualy on the stone circle. You will see it a little better in the last photo. I can't get over these flowers, and wondering why mine don't look like this.

This is how you enter their back yard. Through another arbor with urns planted with topiaries and a darling stone path.


This is where they made more sitting space. Last year there were flowers hiding the gazebo, now it is way more open. What an atmosphere! I could sit here all night. Of course another chandelier and the gazebo even has a crown on the top. White twinkly lites just add the magic touch.



A close up of the table with more urns and candles. The table is a beautiful wrought iron with a glass top. Check out the candlebra's in the background.




This lovely lady watches over the garden and stays out all year.




As you can see, I love this area, another view. The black urns are planted beautifully with moss on top. Don't you think this yard should be in a magazine.






This is a shot in the corner of the garden. A perfect place to relax!

Now the house.
This is their living room. (Couch from Haley's Cottage). They actually watch TV in here. It is right out the Paris Apartment Book.


This is a shot in their dining room. I love this chandelier. They collect the Sid Dickens Tiles.



Dining room buffet is a beautiful antique. I wish you could see it better.


This is by the front door on our way upstairs. Silver vase is filled with vintage feather dusters, antique mirror, and a vintage chest with mirror on the top. Mindi got this chest for $50.00. What a steel! And of course another cool chandelier.

This little sofa was purchased at an estate sale for next to nothing. Perfect condition, and the style....
This room is like a parlor upstairs. It's adorned with all kinds of vintage items and of course a gorgeous chandelier in the center of the room. When you drive by at night this room looks amazing from the street.

I took this picture from the top of the stairs. Lots of antique mirrors, more feathers, and another french chandelier. Check out the color on the walls, I love it!


This is the kitchen. I don't think they cook in it. Everything is too perfect. I wish I was a better photographer as this room is so pretty. Black granite counter tops, with black cabinets with fleur de lis. On the top of the cabinets are more Sid Dickens tiles. This chandelier was brought back from Paris on their vacation several years ago. This is my favorite of all.


As Heather and I walked out, I had to take another spot in the garden. It's hard to tell, but the fountain is the green metal on the stones that look like a plant. But.... it's actually a water feature. I think I could just sit in that cute little iron chair and watch the fountain for a while.
I hope you enjoyed the tour of Jeff and Mindi's French Haven.
















6 comments:

Funky Junk Sisters said...

Hey Ladies,
We know you have got a lot going on with the French Flea and all, but we think you should consider being a vendor at our Fall Funky Junk Sisters Show October 23 & 24!

Linda & Dixie

mishebe said...

i POSTED THERE HOUSE AT cHRISTMAS TIME, WHEN I DID THE TOUR. i WAS ABSOLUTELY IN AWE WHEN i CAME INTO THERE HOUSE. iT INSPIRED ME TO ADD FEATHERS AND DRAPES IN MY ARCHWAY.i LOVED EVERY ROOM. i WAS WONDERING WHY THEY WANTED TO SELL THE CUTE PLACE. i LOVE THE CHANDYS . tHEY MADE THE cHRISTMAS TOUR. dO U KNOW WHAT COLOR THAT GREEN IS? MISHELLE

gatherings home said...

Hi Cindy!

So...I have always wanted to see Mindy & Jeff's home. Never been there, but I might have to give them a call for a tour myself. I see lots of stuff I recognize! ;) Hey, let's get together one night next week.

xoxo,
Carol

Jana said...

I have been there too...it is awesome...a real treat!
Jana

Grace Like Kelly said...

wow! Soo fun!

Linda Q said...

Oh I saw their house on the Christmas parlor tour last year, it is amazing. I had so much fun talking to Mindy and getting the tour. It was so fabulous! It was my fav house to see.
Linda Q