Saturday, June 27, 2009

Pasadena Showcase

If you ever get a chance to travel to Pasadena California in the Spring, this was always my favorite thing to do each year with girl friends.
The Pasadena Showcase House, Presented by the Junion Philharmonic.
This is the largest, oldest, and most successful house and garden tour in the nation.
This year they picked this beautiful 1917 house. This magnificiant Italian Renaissance Revival estate features all the bells and whisteles you could ask for. 25 designers reflect the house historical past while showcasing the latest syle and design. Now when they started, it sure didn't look like this. They normally choose a home that needs attention and turn it into a spectacular showplace. Next Year, I am coming down to California and dragging my friend Roxann with me.

Below are some pictures from this house. I wish I could find some garden pictures, as they normally do an unbelievable job on the grounds.
They always have music playing, great food, and a boutique of arts.
I can't wait until next year!


































































2 comments:

Sammy Girl said...

I just discoverd your blog. What a wonderful showhouse! I, too, think that Pasadena should be on my calendar ...
Have a super week!
Betty :)

compulsively compiled said...

How fun. I'll have to see about driving down there next year. Thanks for the tip.