Thursday, March 19, 2009

You Don't Need a Castle


Several months ago, one of my customers told me about this article in Country Living, and she said I had to see it as it is just my style. I often go back to it as it always inspires me so I thought I would share it with you. The owners of this double wide mobile home, travel half the year for their antique business in Elizabethtown called Cottage Gardens. You would never know that this is a double wide. Each room is filled with treasures and an unbelievable touch of whimsy.
I just love it!




7 comments:

Alkemie said...

I lOve this home! I just read Rachel Ashwell's blog. It is sad indeed. I do love her books though and I'm glad her offerings are still available through Target. She made a HUGE imprint.

GardenGirl said...

Hi! Thanks, we had fun yesterday and she'll be in soon to order some more Gallery Lamps! Your blog is beautiful by the way!

Deb
Garden Pary

Melanie said...

That's beautiful! I love all the white.

alice said...

How cute is this place! Certainly breaks every mobile home stigma I've ever heard of!!!

gatherings home said...

It is pretty amazing how this woman didn't even think twice about the fact she lived in a moble home....making it so pretty and such a surprise!!!

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

That's my friend Theresa's house, you should check out her blog, Time Worn Interiors, it's on my side bar. Isn't it just the prettiest double wide you've seen?

time-worn interiors said...

My friend Theresa told me you had my house on your blog! Glad you like it! I have a blog as well, come on over and check me out!
Theothertheresa